In the Report Designer, you can set filters to hone in on the range of data you want to see, such as specific dates, and control the volume of data. Adding filters first can improve performance and loading times.
Changes you make to your report appear in real time. To hold updates until after setting up the report, to improve performance and loading times, select Defer Updates in the Filters column at the right. When selected, click Refresh to see the results of your design.
- Select a table. Tables are similar to the legacy datasets and contain the fields in IMOS that you can add as columns to your report. The selected table appears above the list, highlighted in gold, and its fields expand below it.
To show all tables in IMOS, click and then click Show All Tables.
- To show/hide the filters pane, click .
- To use a field as a filter, either drag it to the Filters pane or right-click it in the Tables pane and click Filter.
Note: Watch for duplicate fields.
- To create a range of commencement dates and completion dates of the voyages in your database, use the Voyage Range GMT field from the Voyage Table. Voyages can then be filtered by whether they overlap or are within the range.
- Select each operator, and then do one of the following:
- To enter a value, begin typing. The text box autofills with possible results; select the appropriate value.
- To allow the user to enter a value, leave the value as <Ask the User>. For a report, a prompt will ask the user to enter a value when the report is run; for a list, a filter will be set on the right.
One base report can contain all possible data and provide blank filters; users can then enter their own filter criteria and save it as a user view.
- For a few fields, such as Chtr Specialist and Ops Coordinator in the Voyage table, you can filter on your user name. Right-click the arrow next to the value and select <current user>.
- To add more conditions to the same filter, click the Add link:
- On the filter, click and then click one or both of the following:
- Show Filter Live: The filter will appear in Report View mode and users can change it.
- Run in background: The filter will be applied to the report as it is run and cannot be changed in Report View mode unless Show Filter Live is also selected.
To be sure to use the intended data, watch for duplicate field names from different sources; for example, there are Company Code fields for Time Charter and for Voyage. To see the source in brackets before the field name, hover over the field.
When enabled, there is no option in Report Designer to Show All Tables. Users must create reports starting from the primary tables and may join to other tables from there.