In IMOS, a Bunker Inquiry is a Bunker Purchase with Purchase Status Inquiry. The Bunker Purchase form captures all the data related to a Bunker Inquiry or Purchase, including the purchase type, purchase number, order date, and user who placed the order.
Creating a Bunker Purchase
- Do one of the following:
- In the Operations module center , under Bunkers, click Bunker Purchase.
- On the Bunker Purchase List, click and then click New Bunker Purchase.
- Enter a Vendor.
- Complete any other relevant information.
- Order and Invoice tabs: Provide the cost breakdown as ordered and as invoiced, with the amounts prorated for each fuel type purchased.
- Port Remarks, Special Instructions, and Comments: Capture General, Products, and Barges Port Remark fields and display them on all purchases for that port, as well as Special Instructions and Comments.
- Fuel tabs: Capture detailed information for every fuel type purchased, including cancellation fees, benchmark pricing, barging details, bunkering times and rates, pre-delivery and post-delivery test results, delivery terms, and bunker-related claim information.
- Delivery Terms: This section is for information and reporting purposes only. The following check boxes as well as the amount information can be found in the Report Designer in the Bunker Requirement > Bunker Inquiries and Purchases > Bunker Inquiries and Purchases Details tables:
- Density Claim: Select if the density of the fuel provided on the bunker receipt does not correspond to the correct conversions for volume at standard temperature and weight.
- Shortage Claim: Select if there is a quantity shortage.
- Offspec Claim: Select if the fuel does not satisfy the quality requirements set by the contract or regulation.
- Demurrage Claim: Select if the purchase of bunker fuel, which is delivered by barge or tanker, has resulted in demurrage charges.
In the Bunker Lifting List Claims column, the above-mentioned claim types are also visible as comma-separated values (e.g., Density, Shortage, Offspec, Demurrage). When filtering, it is possible to filter according to one claim type, and all the liftings that have that claim type are displayed.
Note: After a voyage is closed, the Bunker Purchase form cannot be edited.
Viewing a Bunker Inquiry or Purchase
To view all Bunker Inquiries and Purchases, see the Bunker Purchase List.
To view a specific Bunker Inquiry or Purchase, do either of the following:
- On the Bunker Purchase List, click a Purchase No. link.
- On a Bunker Requirement, under Inquiries and Purchases, right-click a row and then click Bunker Purchase.
|Link Bunker Invoice With Purchase No|
|Link Bunker Invoice With Purch Match Vendor|
|If CFGActLinkBINVWithPurchaseNo is enabled so that Bunker Invoices can link to Bunker Purchases by PO Number, this flag controls whether or not the Bunker Invoice vendor must match the Bunker Purchase vendor for the link to be made. To allow for non-matching vendors, this flag should be disabled.|
|M2M Future Physical Bunkers|
|When enabled, users can set a Bunker Purchase as a future purchase and add in bunker market symbols to the fuel types. These are included so that the purchase can be tracked on the Trading P&L and included in exposure.|