Cargo Matching programs filter the objects in your environment. You can create a program to include only the particular vessels, cargoes, and other types of objects that you work with, to limit what you see.
When you use Cargo Matching, you select the program you want to use from the Program list in the toolbar.
Tutorial: Creating a Cargo Matching Program
Creating a Program
When you start Cargo Matching for the first time, you must create a program. You can create programs to support multiple chartering desks and objectives.
- Click and then click Program.
- Enter the following information in the New Program form:
- Program: Program name.
- Open Position Basis: How each vessel's open position (open port and open date) is calculated:
- Commenced Voyage: Open position is set to the last port and estimated completion date of the commenced voyage.
- Commenced Voyage at Load Port: If the vessel has arrived at the first load port of the commenced voyage, open position is set to the last port and estimated completion date of that voyage; otherwise, open position is set to the last port and actual completion date of the previous voyage.
- Last Scheduled Voyage: Open position is set to the last port and estimated completion date of the last scheduled voyage.
- Obey Strict Laycans: Select to indicate that vessels will wait for the start of the load laycan to begin loading.
- Create Estimate from Benchmark: Select to create new cargo Estimates from their Benchmark Estimates if designated as Initial.
- Enable Voyage Rescheduling: Select to enable drag-and-drop voyage rescheduling. Configuration flag CFGAllowOpsVoyageRenumbering must be enabled, and you must also have the Edit Voyage Number module right.
- Create Voyage On Cargo Drop: Select to enable drag-and-drop voyage scheduling. Configuration flag CFGAllowOpsVoyageRenumbering must be enabled, and you must also have the Edit Voyage Number module right.
- Design the Vessel Position List and the Cargo List. They are saved with the program.
Editing a Program
After creating a program, you can edit it. To open the Program Editor, select the program from the Program List and then click . Make the changes and then click OK.
Designing the Vessel Position List and Cargo Book
In Design Mode, you can use the Report Designer to design the Vessel Position List and the Cargo Book. Those settings are saved with the program. Follow these steps:
- To enter Design Mode:
- In the Report Designer, programs are populated with default fields. Use the Report Designer to add filters, columns, groups, and aggregate functions.
- Note: Fields at the bottom of the Columns pane whose names are in italics are needed for calculations in other fields. Do not remove them.
- You can also add Row Details, which pop up in a row (available only in Cargo Matching).
- In the Cargo List/Cargo Book, you can add a Task Progress column to display the Status of Cargo Tasks and configure its Field Background using conditional formatting.
Example: Using the Custom Expression Editor, you can add red highlight if the next dry dock is within 30 days.
- To export a list, click and then click Excel, PDF, Word, CSV, or XML.
- To exit Design Mode and save changes with the program, click .
- Continue by designing the other list and saving those changes.
In Voyage Estimate Details view, under Estimate Summary, a Benchmark check box appears. To mark an Estimate as a Benchmark Estimate, select the check box. Benchmark Estimates must have exactly one cargo, and they cannot be fixed.
In Cargo COA and Cargo forms, an Exposure tab appears. If a cargo is linked to a Benchmark Estimate via the Exposure tab, the market rate will be used as the TCE in the Benchmark Estimate and back-calculate the $/ton rate in the Trading Profit and Loss.
In Cargo Matching, when creating a New Program, a Create Estimate From Benchmark check box appears; if you select the check box, the Benchmark Estimate linked to the cargo will be used as the basis for the Estimate.
When enabled, users can specify a new Voyage Number for a voyage by modifying the corresponding field in the Voyage Manager or the Voyage Fixture, or by rescheduling the voyage via the Voyage Manager Copy toolbar button. In addition, the Edit Voyage Number Module Right appears, allowing this ability to be granted to certain users but not others.