This is a Key Topic, with high value for all users.
In this example, we will create a report that shows a summary of key information for each voyage. This example report shows all voyages with high-level voyage and cargo details. Additionally, it shows an aggregate of Total Voyage Days, Sea Days and Port Days, along with total Cargo Quantity. The report can be further customized to filter the data to bring attention to specific voyages where a certain condition exists. This conditional formatting can be done with custom expressions.
Creating the Report
To create this report, complete each section of the Report Editor:
- On the IMOS menu, click Reports.
- Click New, then click Report (Legacy).
- Type a Title and Description for the report.
- Select a dataset. For this example, we will use the General Operations dataset.
- In the Options section, select the Allow other users to run this report check box. This makes the report public so other users to run it.
The Columns section shows you a list of all columns you can select from in this dataset.
- For this specific sample, select Vessel Name, Voyage No., Est Total Days, Act Total Days, Est Sea Days, Act Sea Days, Est Port Days, Act Port Days, Cargo ID, Cargo Name, C/P Date, B/L Code, C/P Quantity, Counterparty, Buy/Sell, Freight Type, Freight Rate, Options %, Option Type, Load Port, and Discharge Port.
A filter can be added to pare down the result set to a list of voyages within a specific date range (for example, voyages within a specific year).
- Add an <ask the user> filter to have the Report Editor ask the user to enter in filter criteria when the report is run. This is useful if you want to run a report for a specific fleet of vessels that you are responsible for.
Sort the report results by any specified column to order the result set according to your liking. You can also add groupings to sort and group the report so it is easier to read.
- Sort this report by Vessel Name.
- Add the following aggregates for a quick summary of results:
- Voyage No || Count Distinct: Counts the number of distinct voyage records for each vessel group.
- Voyage (Actual) Total Days || Sum: Sums up the total number of voyage days.
- Voyage (Actual) Port Days || Sum: Sums up the total number of port days.
- Voyage (Actual) Sea Days || Sum: Sums up the total number of sea days.
- Voyage (Actual) CP Quantity || Sum: Sums up the total number of contracted cargo quantity.
- The default layout settings were used in this example report.
Logo, Headers and Footers
- Add a logo in the top left of the report.
- The default IMOS Report Viewer output option was used in this example report.
- Reports created using the datasets can be run automatically as scheduled tasks. For more information, see the IMOS Messaging Service Manual.