Based on configurable rules, you can set default values for the Transaction Data Entry form and its Invoice Details line items.
Rules consist of Conditions (or Groups of Conditions) and Results.
- Each Condition consists of a Variable, an Operator, and a Value, for example, Use this Rule if X is on or before Y.
- Groups of Conditions are evaluated together, like a part of a formula enclosed in parentheses, for example, Use this Rule if (X = Y or X = Z).
- Each line in the Results grid consists of a Result, a Type, and a Value.
To add a rule:
- In the Financials module center , under Setup:
- To set default values for the invoice, click Invoice Default Rules.
- To set default values for each line on the Invoice Details grid, click Invoice Detail Default Rules.
- Enter a Name and a Description.
- Under Use this rule if, add Conditions and/or Groups of Conditions. For each Condition, select the following:
- Variable (up to 64 characters): Determines the Operators and Values available.
- If it can be defined by a Data Center list, the Values available will come from it, and it will autocomplete. Otherwise the Value field will be free text.
- If it could refer to an item in a list, the items are numbered sequentially, and the numbers can be selected in a field next to the Variable name.
- To add, insert, or delete Conditions or Groups, do one of the following:
Click ... to the right of Conditions/Groups and then click Add Condition, Insert Condition, Add Group, Insert Group, or Delete Condition.
Click Add Condition or Add Group under the list of Conditions.
A new Condition or Group is added to the previous one; to change from and to or, click and to the left of the condition and then click or. To change back, click or and then click and.
- Conditions will be read in sequence. To change the sequence of Conditions or Groups, click ... to the right of Conditions/Groups and then click Move Condition Up, Move Condition Down, Move Group Up, or Move Group Down.
- To stop processing when a rule is true, select Stop processing if true. Otherwise, the entire table will be read to find all true rules. The results from rules evaluating to true will be stored on the contract as saved values.
- Enter the Results.
- To add or view Rules:
- To add a Rule above another Rule, right-click the Rule in the navigation tree at the right, and then click Insert.
- To add a Rule to the end of the current list of Rules, either click to create a new, blank rule or click to create a copy of the current Rule.
- To view a different Rule, click (previous) or (next) or double-click it in the navigation tree.
- Rules will be read in sequence. To change the sequence, right-click a Rule in the tree and then click Move Up or Move Down.
- To add an Otherwise row, to be read and displayed at the end of the list of rules, add a rule with Results but no Conditions.