Laytime Terms describe when ports are open for loading and discharging.
In the Data Center , under Charter Party Terms, click Laytime Terms.
To add a new Laytime Term:
- Add a new row:
- To add a line to the bottom, click in the last row.
- To insert a line above another line, right-click it and then click Insert.
Complete the fields.
Save the form.
- Right-click the new Term and then click Subterms.
On the Subterms form:
- For each day, enter the times to be included in Laytime.
The example above shows Sundays and holidays excluded, with these values:
Monday through Saturday: From 0 To 2400
Sunday: From 0 To 0
- Close the Subterms form and save the Laytime Terms form again.
In the Factor column:
- Hovering over this field will reveal the description: "A factor by which to multiply loading/discharging time to accommodate the port's open hours.
The formula for calculating Factor is: Factor = Total Possible Laytime Hours ÷ Total Laytime Term Hours
- Users will need to manually calculate and enter the Factor value accordingly.
Example: Total Possible Laytime Hours for a week (7 Days) sums to 16800 (or simply 168 hours).
A user creates a new Laytime Term where Saturdays and Sundays are excluded. Total Laytime Term Hours calculate as follows: 5 days * 24 hours in each day = 120 total hours
Therefore, Factor would be calculated as follows: 168 Total Possible Laytime Hours ÷ 120 Total Laytime Term Hours = 1.4000