IMOS has several schedules to help you in your work. On the schedules, you can quickly see the items you work with, organized by time and status. You can filter, sort, and scale your view to see just the data you need.
You can open all the schedules to which you have access from the Tools submenu; you can also open them from the related module centers.
- Cargo Schedule: An overview of Cargoes and VC Ins, listed by load port and color coded by status. VC Ins appear with arrows pointing left; Cargoes appear with arrows pointing right. You can filter it by Reference Date, Status, User, Company, Contract Type, Trade Area, and Vessel Type.
- Port Schedule: An overview of your vessels by port; you can select the columns you want in the grid. You can filter it by Reference Date, Port, Trade Area, Vessel, and User. When you hover over a bar, a tooltip gives you information about the voyage and the port.
- Time Charter Billing Schedule: An overview of the bills for hired vessels. You can filter it by Reference Date, Fleet, and Trade Area. When you hover over a bill bar, a tooltip tells you the Invoice Number (if the bill has been settled or processed), the Billing Period, and the ID and date of the Time Charter Fixture.
- Time Charter Payment Schedule: An overview of the payments for hired vessels. You can filter it by Reference Date, Fleet, and Trade Area. When you hover over a payment bar, a tooltip tells you the Invoice Number (if the payment has been settled or processed), the Billing Period, and the ID and date of the Time Charter Fixture.
- Bareboat Payment Schedule: For each contract, a relevant timeline appears as consecutive bars per payment period. Each bar is colored according to the corresponding payment's status.
- Vessel Schedule: An overview of your fleet's historical, current, and future voyages by vessel name, color coded by status. You can filter it by Reference Date, Vessel Type, Trade Area, LOB, User, and Company.
To see a vessel's overlapping voyages from different companies, right-click the column on the left side of the schedule and then click Select Columns. Select the Company column; the timelines appear according to the vessel + voyage's company.
The top of a schedule includes:
- The toolbar buttons:
- New: To create a new object (in this case, a voyage)
- Refresh: To update to the most current data
- The Vessel Schedule also has a Validate button, to check for gaps or overlaps between voyages
- Print Preview: To print the Vessel Schedule from the current Reference Date, using the current filters and zoom settings
- The Reference Date filter on the left
- The other filters on the right
- The schedule object in the first column
- A Gantt chart showing color-coded schedule information on a timescale:
- The vertical bar identifies the current time.
- The key for the chart's color coding starts at the bottom left.
- Selection lists for the chart's Timescale, Bar Height, and Zoom level are at the bottom right.
Filtering a Schedule
You can filter a schedule in these ways:
- In the Reference Date filter, either type a date or click the calendar and select a date.
- In the other filters, click either in the field or on the arrow. Depending on the type of filter, you can select all objects, an individual object, or multiple objects.
- Filter a column: Right-click the column heading and click Filter Values, Clear Filter, or Clear All Filters.
Sorting a Schedule
You can sort a schedule in these ways:
- Click the column heading to alternate between ascending and descending.
- Right-click the column heading and click Sort Ascending or Sort Descending.
An arrow points up or down in the column heading box to show the sort order.
Setting the Timescale
You can use the Timescale that best supports your workflow. Either select a Timescale from the list or set a custom one. You can select:
- Quarter Day
To set a custom Timescale, hold the Alt key while scrolling your mouse wheel.
Setting the Bar Height
You can set the Bar Height to fit different amounts of information. Select a Bar Height from the list. You can select:
- 1 Line
- 2 Lines
- 3 Lines
- 4 Lines
- 5 Lines
Setting the Zoom Level
You can Zoom to the level that suits your needs. Either select a Zoom level from the list or set a custom one. You can select:
To set a custom Zoom level, hold the Ctrl key while scrolling your mouse wheel.
You can access related forms from the schedules in different ways.
- All but Port Schedule: Right-click a bar to open a context menu with items to create or open.
- Vessel Schedule:
- Double-click a bar to open the Voyage Manager.
- For a Time Charter: Double-click the shading to open the Time Charter Manager.
- Time Charter Billing Schedule: Double-click a bar to open the bill.
- Time Charter Payment Schedule: Double-click a bar to open the payment.
- Cargo Schedule: Double-click a bar to open the Cargo or VC In form.
- Port Schedule:
- Double-click a bar to open the Voyage Manager.
- Click links in the columns to open forms:
- Vessel Name: Vessel form
- Cargo: Cargo Name form
- Counterparty: Company Address form
- Estimate ID: Voyage Estimate
- Fixture No.: Voyage Fixture
- TC Code: Time Charter Manager
- Voyage No.: Voyage Manager
Styling Gantt Bar Text
You can customize the text that appears on the bars on the Cargo, Vessel, or Port Schedule. For more information, see Styling Gantt Bar Templates.