This is a Key Topic, with high value for all users.
Your System Administrator must grant you the Module Right to the Task List.
To access the Task List, do one of the following:
- On the IMOS7 menu, hover over Lists and then click Global Tasks.
- In the Operations module center , under Quick Links, click Task List.
- You can sort this list to show only your voyages and vessels and use it as your daily task list, creating your own View.
- Date-time columns can display either GMT or system local time. Right-click the column heading of Due Date, Basis Date, or Start Date and then click Display GMT or Display System Local Time.
- Custom Tasks created from the Task & Alert Rule Set List, from a Voyage Template, or from the Task List appear in this list, along with formula-generated Tasks.
- Only formula-generated Tasks can be assigned to a specific voyage; it is not possible to create a Task from this list and assign it to a voyage.
- The Task List is a standard IMOS list, so you can sort it, filter it, do a Quick Search, and create custom Views for it. You can use logical operations to filter particular columns in the list.
A typical workflow is:
- Client-specific (formula-generated) Tasks are created and implemented. Such Tasks are automatically generated per voyage, according to agreed parameters.
- The Operations manager monitors Task statuses on the Task List, follows up on system-generated Tasks, creates new ad hoc important Tasks, and assigns them to responsible operators.
- Operators maintain Tasks assigned from the Task List or the Voyage Manager on My Task List.
Creating a New Task
To create a new Task, click . Use Statuses to maintain your overview of open Tasks.
Note: Tasks created directly in this list will not connect to a Voyage (e.g. The Voyage No. column in the list will remain blank). To connect a Task to a Voyage, users must create the task directly in the Tasks & Alerts panel of a Voyage.
Updating Task Status
Use check boxes to select one or more rows and then click Complete, Mark In Progress, or Cancel at the top of the list.
You can also update the Status of one or more Tasks from the Tasks & Alerts panel.
Specifies which statuses are considered Completed for Operations Tasks: