The Tasks & Alerts panel displays the Tasks and Alerts that apply to a form; it appears on the Voyage Estimate, Cargo/VC In COA (Alerts only), Cargo/VC In, TC In/Out, Cargo/VC In Booking, and Voyage Manager forms.
To expand or collapse the panel, click the double arrow.
- For forms that have Tasks or Alerts (except for Voyage Estimate Column view), the panel is expanded when the form opens; if the panel is collapsed when a new Alert is triggered, the panel expands.
- The heading bar includes:
- The number of unread Tasks and unacknowledged Alerts.
- The icon for the most urgent Task or Alert. If none are urgent, the Task that is in progress appears.
You can do any of the following:
- Hide or show Tasks and Alerts.
- View Task & Alert Rules.
- Add Tasks and Task Groups, mark Tasks as Read or Unread, update the Status of a Task, or delete a Task.
- Assign or acknowledge Alerts.
- View revisions, if they are available: Click and then click Show Revisions or Revision History. To return to the Tasks & Alerts panel, click and then click Show Tasks & Alerts.
Tutorial: Introduction to Dynamic Tasks and Alerts
About Tasks and Alerts
|Panel with Tasks||Panel with Alerts|
Collapsed panel shows error Alert
Configuring Tasks and incorporating them in your workflow can increase business process compliance and assist in workflow auditing.
You can create several types of Tasks, all of which appear on the Task List. To create Tasks:
Managers can configure error or warning Alert messages to be sent to users, all of which appear on the Alert List.
To create Alerts, on the Task & Alert Rule Set List, create Rule Sets that define Alerts to appear on the Tasks & Alerts panel of a form.
The panel can include Tasks of the following statuses:
For Tasks with attachments, appears.
The panel can include Alerts of the following types:
For Alerts with attachments, appears.
Global and Form-Specific Tasks
As your business grows and your processes change, you can customize where and how your team manages Tasks. On the Task form, the Object Type field enables you to configure a Task to appear on the Tasks & Alerts panel of a specific form or be globally available in the Task List.
- Create or open a Task.
- In the Object Type field, select one of the following and then, if applicable, enter information for the form where you want the Task to appear:
Tasks in Chartering
Chartering Tasks help to ensure that every Fixture has been properly processed before fixing the business and performing the Operations hand-over. A Task-based workflow can reduce confusion between a Chartering team and an Operations team, by ensuring that everything is complete.
COA Nomination Tasks are copied to their Cargoes or VC Ins.
Tasks in Operations
Voyage Tasks are an everyday part of an operator's workflow. They are even more useful when combined with Voyage Templates. Voyage Templates may be set either by the Chartering team when fixing the voyage or by the operator after the voyage has been fixed. When a Voyage Template is added to a voyage, the linked Task Group is automatically populated.
Tasks are only useful if they are used effectively. You can use several features related to Task compliance:
- The Task List gives an administrator, a superuser, or a manager a global overview of all Tasks in the system. You can sort and filter on all Tasks delegated across the system, including Tasks from Cargoes, Voyage Estimates, and Voyages.
- Individual users can use My Task List, which offers a personalized list of tasks assigned to you.
- The Report Designer offers a Task data table when you click Show All Tables. From this data table, you can build a custom report with Task details and do your own sorting and filtering. You can set a Scheduled Task to email this report on a periodic basis to ensure timely compliance (for more information, see the IMOS Messaging Service Manual).
- In Cargo Matching, you can add a Task Progress column to display the Status of Cargo Tasks.
Hiding or Showing Tasks and Alerts
You can hide all Tasks, or Tasks that are not relevant at the moment, from your view of the panel on all forms. Click and then select one or more of the following:
Hide Tasks Until Start Date
Hide Completed Tasks
In the Voyage Manager, associated Cargo Tasks and Alerts are hidden by default. To show them, click and then clear Hide Cargo Tasks & Alerts.
Viewing Task & Alert Rules
To view the rule that defines a Task or Alert, right-click the Task or Alert and then click View Tasks & Alerts Rule.
Adding or Editing a Task
To add a Task:
- Click and then click Add Task.
- Complete the fields:
- Keep the Status up to date.
- Categories are defined on the Task Categories form.
- Set the Priority.
- To assign a Task to a specific user, enter an Owner.
- If CFGDisplayMyTasks is enabled, the Task will appear in the user's My Task List.
Nomination Tasks copied from their COA have a Basis of Load Laycan Start.
- If the Load Laycan Date changes, the Task Start Date and Due Date move along with it, retaining the Offsets.
- When you add another Nomination Task to a Cargo, its Basis is None, but you can change it to Load Laycan Start.
- To open a Task, in the panel, do one of the following:
- Double-click the Task text.
- Right-click the Task and then click Open.
- For Tasks that have been created using a Rule Set, the following fields can be edited:
- Task Name
Edited values appear in blue text and are not dynamically updated the next time the rule is evaluated as true. To remove the manual override and allow automatic updating to continue the next time the rule is evaluated as true, type Backspace and then Enter.
Adding the Tasks from a Task Group
To add all the Tasks from a Task Group to the Cargo, VC In, Voyage Estimate, or Voyage:
- Click and then click Add Task Group.
- Select the Task Group.
Marking a Task as Read or Unread
To mark a Task as read, right-click it and then click Mark as Read. It will no longer count toward the number on the panel heading.
You can also mark a Task as unread, to remind yourself to complete it later. Right-click the Task and then click Mark as Unread.
Updating the Status of a Task
To update the Status of a Task, do any of the following:
- To mark the Task as Completed, double-click its icon.
- Right-click the Task and then click In Progress or Complete.
- While editing the Task, update its Status.
To change the status of multiple Tasks, do the following:
- Select the Tasks in the panel.
- To select consecutive Tasks, hold down Shift while you select.
- To select nonconsecutive Tasks, hold down Ctrl while you select.
- Click and then click Complete Tasks, Mark In Progress, or Cancel Tasks.
Deleting a Task
To delete a Task, right-click it in the panel, click Delete, and then confirm the deletion.
Note: Cargo Alerts cannot be assigned.
To assign an Alert to a user:
- On the Tasks & Alerts panel, right-click the Alert and then click Edit.
- Select an Owner and then click OK.
- Save the form associated with the Alert.
Acknowledging a Warning Alert
To acknowledge a warning Alert, do one of the following:
- Right-click the Alert and then click Acknowledge.
|Default Show Cargo Tasks and Alerts in Voyage|
|When enabled, in the Voyage Manager Tasks & Alerts panel, the Hide Cargo Tasks & Alerts menu option is cleared and associated Cargo Tasks and Alerts appear by default.|