This is a Key Topic, with high value for all users.
The Hire Statement for a Time Charter In lists all the amounts invoiced or paid; you can make a payment from it. You can also view reports.
To view the TC In Hire Statement, on the Time Charter In, click .
If there are bunker adjustment lines due to off hire, the off-hire time period information is included in those lines.
On a Time Charter In Hire Statement:
- To select Invoiced or Paid items, click the radio button at the bottom.
- To make a payment, click .
To view a report, click and then click a report name. You can view three reports that show Hire information in slightly different ways:
- Hire Statement: Includes all the details of the contract so far: Gross Hire, Hire Commissions, Bunker Values, Owner's Expenses, Other Adjustments, and Payments. It also lists any inconsistent items. At the end of the contract, a charterer might send the owner the Hire Statement, showing the balance. It is a calculation of what should have been billed until the date of the last invoice.
- Statement of Accounts or Statement of Accounts (Detailed): Using the same categories, shows if there are outstanding amounts to be paid/received over a period in the TC that has already been invoiced/billed. The period is from the From date of the first hire/bill to the To date of the last hire/bill. The report calculates the amounts due to the owner/charterer basis the TC In/Out fixture terms and deducts the amounts invoiced or paid/received. A charterer might send this along with each payment. When this report is selected, the SoA Setup form appears, and uninvoiced items can be selected for inclusion.
- SoA Recap: Includes all invoiced items, according to the corresponding categories. All invoices appear in the Payment section, including Pending invoices. The balance in the report is the balance of the Estimated Expenses entered in this contract.
|TC Use Proj Redel Date|
Uses the Proj/Act Redelivery date on the Hire Statement, rather than the Est Redelivery date.
|Bank Select on Hire Statement|
Enables bank selection when generating TC In, TC Out, and Bareboat Hire Statement reports.
|Enable Detailed Hire Statement|
Makes a Statement of Accounts (Detailed) option available in TC Hire Statement reports. Details of invoices related to the TC are exported to an XML file but not displayed in the UI.
|Show Offhire as Adjustment in TC Reports|
When enabled, the full delay details are displayed in the adjustment section of the Hire Statement.
|TC Items Flag|
Controls which billable items from the TC will appear on the Hire Statement report, even if not included in an invoice. This flag is a bitflag, meaning that each option has a value, and summing up those values allows for different combinations.
Possible bitflag combinations:
|Allocate TCI Hire to Voyage|
|When enabled, voyage number is a required field for all hire-related lines in TC In; block incremental payment completely. See Allocating Period Cost to Voyages.|
|Def Voyage No to TCO Bill|
|For TCO Bills, line items will have the voyage # pull through the payment screen and the subsequent Transaction Data Entry form when posting. If set to Y, then by design the Voy column on the TC In Payment or Billing form defaults to the corresponding voyage per line item. To make changes, you can set the Voy column to zero or any existing voyage number. This works with multiple voyages linked to a contract.|
|Def Voyage No to TCI Pay|
Auto-assigns the voyage number to a TC In payment.