When you complete the Booking-Based Laytime Calculation Setup form, the Booking-Based Laytime Calculator appears.
Port Activities appear on a separate tab for each port call.
Cargo Handlings Grid
All cargo handlings appear in the Cargo Handlings grid, along with booking numbers for each cargo.
- Transshipment cargo handlings are highlighted in yellow.
- Interservice cargo handlings are highlighted in blue.
- To see more booking lines without scrolling, expand the form vertically.
- To add or delete bookings or transit ports in the calculation, click .
Note: Bookings and transit ports can only be removed if no invoices have been created for them. A transit port is always associated with the first booking from its voyage that is included in the calculation. All calculations for a transit port must be made manually.
- Right-click an itinerary line and then click any of the following:
Port Activities Grid
In the Port Activities grid, there is a tab for each port. To import Port Activities from the voyage, click . Laytime Commenced and Laytime Completed lines are inserted when Port Activities are imported.
- All Port Activities appear in a single list; each Activity appears on one line.
- To select an Activity, click to select its check box; to remove an Activity from selection, click again to clear it.
- To select all Activities, select the check box in the heading row; to remove all Activities, click again to clear it.
- Time counting is denoted by the start (S) and end (E) activities in the TC column. By default, S is inserted in the Laytime Commenced row, and E is inserted in the Laytime Competed row.
- Berth Event: The Berth Event check box can only be selected when E (End) or ES (EndStart) is selected in the TC column. When the Berth Event check box is selected, the Laytime Statement includes the value from this Port Activity's Remarks column.
- 1/2: The 1/2 column is used to allocate the portion of demurrage time to be considered at half-demurrage rate. For example, if demurrage days is calculated as N, and 1 day is specified as 1/2 rate, N-1 is calculated at the full rate, and 1 day at half the demurrage rate. Time counting is denoted by the start (S) and end (E) activities in this column as well.
- %: In the % column, you can change the percent of time counting that applies towards demurrage.
Deductions and Totals
In the Deductions grid, add any time that you want deducted from the time counting. Any deductions in Port Activities in the voyage are not populated here.
All information in the bottom right—Time Allowed, Time Used, and the Balance—is brought over to the Grouping & Invoicing tab.
Grouping & Invoicing Tab
You can group ports by assigning group numbers to them in the Ports grid. The Groups grid displays aggregated details for all ports in a given group.
Type a number in the Group column for each Port line. The group appears in the Groups grid. You can have multiple ports in the same group.
- The Groups grid contains the groups assigned in the Ports grid.
- To add progressive Demurrage Rates for a group, right-click on a Group in the Groups grid and click Demurrage Rates.
- To create a Laytime Statement, select one or more groups and click .
- If the statement and invoice need to be sent to a counterparty other than the charterer, you can enter a Bill Via party. The statement shows time-counting information for each port in the invoice and is categorized by berth.
- If two or more groups are selected, and they have different currencies, the invoice amount for the second group is converted to the currency of the first group and added to the first group's amount; the exchange rate and calculation appear.
- To view the Laytime Statement after it has been created, in the Invoices grid, right-click the invoice, click View Details, and then click .
To create an invoice, select the Groups to be included and click .
Created invoices appear in the Invoices grid.
- Invoices can be reviewed, approved, and posted, just like a normal invoice. An invoice can have multiple bookings, and when it is posted, the corresponding demurrage amounts for each booking appear in the P&L of the respective voyages. The bookings may be in separate voyages, so the amounts go into the correct voyage.
- To view the invoice details, right-click a line, then click View Details.
Note: Invoices can only be created when the Official Calculation check box is selected. Bookings can be included in multiple calculations but in only one Official calculation.
Multiple bookings from multiple voyages related to different counterparties can be included in the same calculation. Therefore, a calculation can no longer be accessed from the voyage. It is displayed in the Demurrage Summary - Bookings List.
Demurrage Invoice Details
To create an invoice, select the Groups to be included in the Groups grid and click .
On the Demurrage Invoice Details form:
- The Charterer, Curr, and Ex Rate are from the first booking in the invoice, but can be overwritten.
- The total demurrage amount is allocated to each booking in the invoice according to BL Qty, but can be overwritten. To set the allocated amounts back to the default, click .
- The Accrual percentage for the invoice is 100.00 when blank (the default); to change it, specify an Accrual %. To update it after the invoice is approved and can no longer be changed and saved, click .
- Any commissions entered in all the bookings in the invoice will populate in the Commissions grid if they have been denoted as D (Demurrage is commissionable and will be deducted from the invoice) in CP Terms Details.
- To view the Demurrage Invoice, click .
- To view the Laytime Statement Report, click .
- If two or more groups are selected, and they have different currencies, all amounts are converted to the currency of the first group. The amounts from the groups are added together and displayed in the Calculated Amount field.
- Select the Settled at Zero checkbox to indicate that the Agreed/Invoice amount will be zero even if the calculation amount is not.
Aggregates the demurrage/despatch amounts in the Invoice report, instead of displaying them as one row per cargo handling (laytime.exe), or per booking (laytime_c.exe).
When a laytime_c calculation includes a transshipment booking and its parent booking, allocates all the demurrage costs for the transshipment booking to the parent voyage and none to the transshipment voyage.
In the Cargo Handlings grid of the Booking-Based Laytime Calculator, selects the HH:MM Format check box by default.
Note: CFGEnableTaxGroup must also be enabled.
When enabled, you can access the Transaction Data Entry form by clicking on the toolbar of receivable Claim, receivable demurrage/despatch, Time Charter Bill, Voyage Other Revenues and Expenses (Types Revenue and Rebillable Expense), Other Revenues And Expenses By Daily Rate (Type Revenue), and Freight Invoice forms, which can be useful for entering multicurrency tax information.