The Cargo Booking form enables you to match a Cargo Booking with a Cargo COA contract.
To open it, do one of the following:
- On the Chartering menu , under Cargo, click Multiple Cargo Booking.
- On the Calculation tab of the Laytime Calculation or Booking-Based Laytime Calculation form, if a booking number has been assigned to a cargo, you can right-click its itinerary line and then click View Booking Details.
Enabling Cargo Booking also adds:
- An Extra Freight Term: Lumpsum per booking (code LB). When included on multiple Cargoes that are part of the same booking, it only applies to the Cargo with the lowest ID in that booking to which it has been added for both P&L and Freight Invoice. If that Cargo is removed from the booking, the Extra Freight Term will be applied to the new lowest ID in the booking. The Extra Freight Term will remain visible on any contracts to which it is added, but it will only be invoiced once per booking and will only appear on the Voyage P&L once per booking.
- A Booking No. field to nonincremental Freight Invoices; after a Counterparty is selected, you can select one booking of that Counterparty on the voyage, so that only those Cargoes are included on the invoice.
- Click buttons on the toolbar to retrieve, save, or create records.
- Report: Run the Booking Report.
- Attachments: Open Attachments.
- Schedule Voyage: Schedule a voyage.
- COA Advanced Pricing: Open COA Advanced Pricing, if there is a COA contract linked to the booking.
- Tank Info: Open Tank Information, for Gas Carrier (Type code G), LNG Carrier (L), and Tanker (T) vessels.
- Link COA or Unlink COA: Link/unlink the booking to/from a COA.
- Lifting Properties: Open the Properties form, from which you can update User-Defined Field values for all liftings.
Tasks and Alerts Panel
The Tasks and Alerts panel shows Tasks and Alerts for linked voyages.
The Cargoes grid shows all cargoes and voyages associated with the booking.
To sort the grid by column values, click column headers.
To see additional information about a row, right-click it and then click one of the following:
The Ports grid displays the port ETAs and ETDs from the port calls and voyages that are tied to the booking. These fields will only populate when there is a voyage, and they cannot be edited. Only ports that appear on the Cargoes grid will appear here, so transshipment ports will not be displayed.
The Vessels grid offers a quick overview of all of the vessels involved in a particular booking, their current Vetting Status, and quick reference information that enable you to have efficient conversations about operating voyages with your counterparties.
You can manage the vetting Task for a listed vessel by clicking its Create Task or Edit Task link.
Adding Cargoes to a Booking
To add Cargoes to a booking, do any of the following:
- Add new rows to the Cargo Booking grid and enter relevant Cargo details.
- On the Cargo List, select one or more Cargoes and then click one of the following at the top of the list:
- Add to Booking: Search for and select an existing booking.
- Create Booking: Create a new booking.
If there are multiple load or discharge ports in a contract, Load Port, Load Berth, Disc Port, and Disc Berth appear highlighted in pink and cannot be changed.
|Enable Cargo Booking
Enables the Cargo Booking form.
Adds an option to Keep Booking No. when copying a Cargo or VC In.
Adds a Booking No. field to nonincremental Freight Invoices; after a Counterparty is selected, you can select one booking of that Counterparty on the voyage, so that only those Cargoes are included on the invoice.
Determines whether the No. of Cargoes in Booking variable is available on the Pricing Rule form:
|Price Booking Cargoes on Scheduling
N (default) = Prior to scheduling, all cargoes that are part of a Multiple Cargo Booking and priced using the Use Booking Qty on Scale Table check box are priced according to the quantity of all cargoes in the booking.
Y = Such cargoes will have a price of 0 until they are scheduled on an Estimate or voyage. After scheduling, all cargoes priced using the Use Booking Qty on Scale Table check box, regardless of the setting of this flag, are priced using the same quantity as all cargoes in the same booking that are scheduled on the same Estimate or voyage.
|Enable Nomination Status
When enabled, a Nom. Status field is added to the Cargo Booking and VC In Booking forms. Values include Inquiry, Tentative, and Firm.
|Product Code Link
|Enable Ports Grid in Booking
When enabled, a grid is added to the Booking form to display the port ETAs and ETDs from the port calls and voyages that are tied to the Booking. These fields will only populate when there is a voyage and they cannot be edited. Only ports that appear in the Cargo grid will appear here, so transshipment ports will not be displayed.
|Enable Producer TS Workflow
|When enabled, adds new fields to the Voyage Itinerary and the Booking form to capture Transshipment Vessels being utilized by the entity carrying a cargo without capturing the Transshipment Voyages in full. This serves as a lighter-weight Transshipment-tracking mechanism than the features enabled by CFGEnableTransshipment.
|Create Booking from Voyage
|When enabled, the "Create New Voyage" form has a new option under "Create From:" for "Voyage Booking". When selected, upon saving the voyage, a new Booking will be created and linked to the voyage, with its properties initialized basis the entered voyage data. Both CFGEnableCargoBooking and CFGEnableVCInBooking must be enabled for this feature.
|Group Commingled Cargo Port Activities
|When this flag is enabled, Port Activities with the Cargo and/or Berth check box selected on the Port Activities form will be grouped into one line for multiple cargoes in the same commingle group. Requires CFGDuplicateActivitiesForCargoesAndBerths to be enabled in order to take effect.
|Enable Cargo Itinerary Supplier Receiver
On the Cargo/VC In Itinerary/Options tab and Cargo/VC In Booking form, adds a Supplier/Rcvr column where you can specify the supplier or receiver for each cargo handling. This information can be used to create supplier and receiver Laytime Calculations.
Uses the Charterer's view instead of the standard Cargo form. When enabled:
Enable Cargo Delivered
Enables you to save Cargoes, VC Ins, or bookings with only a load or discharge port.
|Allocate Lumpsum Freight
When enabled, cargoes that share the following properties will share their lumpsum freight, instead of each receiving the full amount:
The amount allocated to each cargo on the booking is proportional to its BL quantity.