To create a Cargo Group:
- On the Cargo Name toolbar, click Cargo Groups.
- On the Cargo Groups form:
- Add a new row.
- Enter a Code, Description, Class, and CP Unit.
Note: Additional columns can be enabled with configuration flags.
- Close the form.
- Create a Cargo Name with a Short Name matching the Cargo Group Description. Assign it to the Cargo Group.
Creating Super Groups and Subgroups
You can create a top-level layer in the Cargo hierarchy, a Super Group, that encompasses one or more existing Cargo Groups for use with multigrade configurations. This facilitates the selection of grades from any group within a Super Group when the Super Group is used at the CP level in the Estimate, Voyage Fixture, or Voyage Manager. Follow these steps:
- On the Cargo Groups form, add a new row to the grid and name the Super Group (in the Group column).
- Right-click the row and then click Subgroups.
- On the Cargo Subgroups form, add rows and select the existing groups to be part of the Super Group. A Cargo Group can belong to multiple Super Groups.
- On the Estimate, Voyage Fixture, or Voyage Manager, if you select a Super Group at the CP-level Cargo Group, you can then select any grade belonging to any of the groups that are part of the Super Group. Stowage factors will continue to default basis the grade selection.
|Enable Alt Lift Unit
Enables Unit of Measure Conversion for MT, BBL, and M3.
Within Data Center, if the Cargo Group has the Convert checkbox selected; and within the Cargo/Estimate/Fixture/Voyage, there is a value and a unit of measure for L/D Qty, a unit of measure for Alt Unit, and nonzero values for API/SG, then the Alt Qty value is automatically calculated. An L/D Qty can also be calculated from a manually entered Alt Qty: To trigger recalculation, enter the Alt Qty and then clear the L/D Qty value. This procedure can also be used to calculate the quantities based on a manually entered API/SG.
Note: Within Cargo Groups, the Alt Lift Unit field only works when CFGEnableMultiGrade is enabled too.