For broker commissions not deducted from the Freight Invoice (specified at the cargo level), you can create a separate invoice. If a Broker in CP Terms Details is set to Partial (the P check box is selected), it is possible to issue a Commission Invoice based on a partial percentage. Like Freight Invoices, it is possible to issue several Commission Invoices, totaling 100%.
Freight/Relet Commission Summary
To open the Freight-Relet Commission Summary, do one of the following:
- On the Voyage Manager, click Commission ▼ and then click Freight Commission.
- On the Operations menu , under Freight/Demurrage, click Commissions.
The Freight-Relet Commission Summary lists all existing Commission Payments for the voyage.
To view an existing Commission Payment, on the Freight-Relet Commission Summary, right-click a line item and then click Details.
To create a new Commission Payment:
- On the Freight-Relet Commission Summary, click +.
- On the Commission Payment, select the Broker.
- Each possible payment appears, with the S check box selected. Clear check boxes for any detail lines you do not want to include.
- To issue an incremental invoice, for which the accounts are balanced each time based on what has already been paid, change the Invoice Type to Incremental. The most recent commission is shown, with all previously invoiced items deducted from the total.
- To filter the invoices shown in the grid, you can enter a full or partial value in the Invoice Number or Counterparty filters at the top right.
- Enter an Invoice Number and any Adjustment information; you can add a negative adjustment value, and you can create a Commission Payment with only Adjustments.
- Change the Status to Actual and then click ; the invoice appears in Financials.
- To print an invoice, click Invoice.
Configuration flag CFGFreightCommBasedOnPaidAmount enables an alternate workflow.
|Freight Comm Based on Paid Amount|
|Use Invoice Exch in Actual|
Freight Commission in the Actual column of the Voyage Profit and Loss will use the exchange rate from the invoice once it is created instead of always using the exchange rate from the freight contract.
When enabled, the status of a newly created Bunker, Freight, Equipment, Hire, and Commission invoice is set to Pending by default.
Auto Generate Freight Comms
Note: Requires CFGAutoNumberPayables to also be enabled.
When enabled, freight commission invoices will automatically be created when the corresponding freight invoice has been posted.
Auto Number Payables
Automatically assigns an invoice number to AP invoices.