Veslink standardizes voyage communications to help you collect and analyze current positions and other critical voyage data and share information with a network of trusted partners.
With Advanced Maps, included with Veslink Optimum, you can use weather information to make decisions about itineraries and compare live weather data with reported information. Advanced Maps add these features to the Distances and Voyages maps:
- Weather forecast or historical data overlays, with multiple types of data, that can be played on a timeline
- More detailed nautical charts with pilot stations, ocean depths, and more zoom levels
Viewing Weather Forecast or History
To use Advanced Maps:
- Hover over and then select either Forecast (4 days) or History (10 days).
The weather control appears in the lower right corner of the map.
- Key to the data in the overlay
- Date and time being displayed
- Controls: You can click to:
- Step Back
- Step Forward
- Select the data type:
Cloud and Pressure
Precipitation and Pressure
Sea Temperature and Ice Concentration
Sea State and Swell
Sea State and Wind