The Veson IMOS Platform (VIP) is the market-leading cloud solution for commercial marine freight and fleet management.
For some clients, the Veson IMOS Platform (VIP) Company Code is a mandatory field that is critical for correct operations and financial records and should not be omitted. In order to accommodate different business structures, VIP offers several ways to default the VIP Company Code field throughout the system. Depending on your workflow, you may want to choose one set of configuration flags over another in order to ensure the correct defaulting.
Default Company on the Voyage Manager
The default company on the Voyage Manager populates in the Company field when the voyage is first scheduled. Once the default company is populated, it can be manually edited but will no longer be subject to changes to its source.
When the voyage is scheduled:
- When there is a Cargo Fixture/TCO Fixture, the first source for the Company is the Cargo Fixture/TCO Fixture.
- When there is no Cargo Fixture/TCO Fixture or the Company on the Cargo/TCO Fixture is empty:
- If CFGDefaultCompanyOnTciSelect = Y, the default company is sourced from the Head Fixture/TCI Fixture.
- If CFGDefaultCompanyOnTciSelect = N, the default company is empty.
- When there is no Cargo Fixture/TCO Fixture or the Company on the Cargo/TCO/TCI/Head Fixture is empty:
- If CFGAssignDefaultCompanyOnVoyage = Y, the default company is sourced from the Vessel details.
- If CFGAssignDefaultCompanyOnVoyage = N, the default is empty.
The default Company is determined using the following hierarchy of sources:
- Selling Fixture
- Buying Fixture
VIP only tracks down the hierarchy if the corresponding flags are enabled.
Default Company on Estimates
When nominating a vessel on the Estimate:
- If CFGDefaultCompanyOnTciSelect = Y, VIP will use the Company from the TCI Fixture (If the vessel is a TC vessel).
- If CFGDefaultCompanyOnTciSelect = N and CFGDefaultCompanyFromVessel = Y, VIP will use the Company from the Vessel set to Nominated Vessel.
- If both flags are enabled, then VIP will first lookup the Company from the TCI Fixture; if empty, VIP will lookup the Company from the Vessel details.
Default Company on Cargoes
VIP follows this logic to default the company on a Cargo:
- If CFGDefaultCompanyFromVessel = Y, VIP will use the Company from the Vessel set to Nominated Vessel.
- If CFGDefaultCompanyFromVessel = N and CFGDefaultCompanyOnCargoImport = Y, VIP will use whichever company is part of the cargo message XML.
Default Company on Time Charters
VIP follows this logic to default the company on a Time Charter:
If CFGDefaultCompanyFromVessel = Y, VIP will use the Company from the Vessel set to Nominated Vessel.
Assign Default Company on Voyage
When enabled, if a default company cannot be derived from linked contracts when creating a voyage, the default company on the voyage will be set and displayed based on the vessel's company information.
|Default Company from Vessel|
When selecting a vessel on a contract, if no Company has been assigned on the contract, it will default to the Company specified on the vessel.
|Cargo, TC In, Estimate|
|Default Company on TCI Select|
When selecting a TC In Fixture to be used for a Voyage or Estimate, if no Company has been selected, the Company on the selected TC In Fixture will be used.
|Voyage Manager, Estimate|