You can use an aggregate function in the Report Designer to average, count, sum, or perform another function on column data. You can do very powerful comparisons and find out true performance values. For example, you might want to find the average return for the whole fleet, the count of all voyages, or the sum of the money you are making per voyage.
- To use a field or column in a function, on a joined table in the Report Designer panel, click and then click Aggregate.
- The type of aggregation possible depends on the data type of the field. In the Report Designer panel, click to the right of the field name and select one of the following:
- Avg: The average of all non-null values in the column
- Count: The count of all non-null values in the column
- Max: The maximum of all non-null values in the column
- Min: The minimum of all non-null values in the column
- Sum: The sum of all values in the column