The Veson IMOS Platform (VIP) is the market-leading cloud solution for commercial marine freight and fleet management.
In this example, we will create a report in the Report Designer that shows a summary of key information for each voyage. This example report shows all voyages with high-level voyage and cargo details. Additionally, it shows an aggregate of Sea Days and Port Days, along with total Cargo Quantity.
Do the following:
- In the Report List, create a new report.
- In the Report Designer, do the following:
- Save the report.
You can run the report from the Report List.
- Click the Voyage table to add it to the report.
- Add the following columns to the report:
- Vessel Name
- Voyage No
- On the Voyage table, click + and then click Voyage Itineraries to add that table.
- Add the Port Days and Sea Days columns to the report.
- On the Voyage table, click + and then click Cargos to add that table.
- Add the following columns:
- Buy or Sell
- Cargo ID
- Cargo Short Name
- Counterparty Short Name
- CP Date
- CP Qty
- Disch Port
- Freight Rate Base
- Freight Type
- Load Port
- Option Percentage
- Option Type
- On the Cargo table, click + and then click Voyage Cargo Handlings to add that table.
- Add the BL Code column.
- Save your changes and exit Design Mode.
- As with any other list, you can search, select, adjust, pin, filter, group, and sort columns, reset to the default view, save user views, and export.
Adding Filters and Groups
Add the following filters and groups:
- On the Report Filters panel, search for the Vessel Name column, click to select it, and then specify one or more vessels to filter by.
- On the filter drop-down menu, select both Show Filter Live and Run in background. Selecting both of these will cause the filter to be applied when the report is run, but also allow the user to turn it off.
- Drag the Vessel Name and Voyage No columns to the grouping row.
Adding Aggregate Functions
On the Report Designer panel, add the following aggregate functions:
- Voyage No: Count
- Port Days: Sum
- Sea Days: Sum
- CP Qty: Sum