You can create Cargo Broker Rules that define default brokers for Cargoes and VC Ins.
Rules consist of Conditions (or Groups of Conditions) and Results.
- Each Condition consists of a Variable, an Operator, and a Value, for example, Use this Rule if X is on or before Y.
- Groups of Conditions are evaluated together, like a part of a formula enclosed in parentheses, for example, Use this Rule if (X = Y or X = Z).
- Each line in the Results grid consists of a Result, a Type, and a Value.
To add a rule:
- On the Chartering menu , under Setup, click Cargo Broker Rules.
- Enter a rule Name and Description.
- Under Use this rule if, add Conditions and/or Groups of Conditions. For each Condition, select the following:
- Variable (up to 64 characters): Determines the Operators and Values available.
- If it can be defined by a Data Center list, the Values available will come from it, and it will autocomplete. Otherwise the Value field will be free text.
- If it could refer to an item in a list, the items are numbered sequentially, and the numbers can be selected in a field next to the Variable name.
- To add, insert, or delete Conditions or Groups, do one of the following:
- Click ... to the right of Conditions/Groups and then click Add Condition, Insert Condition, Add Group, Insert Group, or Delete Condition.
- Click Add Condition or Add Group under the list of Conditions.
A new Condition or Group is added to the previous one; to change from and to or, click and to the left of the condition and then click or. To change back, click or and then click and.
- Conditions will be read in sequence. To change the sequence of Conditions or Groups, click ... to the right of Conditions/Groups and then click Move Condition Up, Move Condition Down, Move Group Up, or Move Group Down.
- To stop processing when a rule is true, select Stop processing if true. Otherwise, the entire table will be read to find all true rules.
- Enter the Results. Each row in the results grid represents a broker that can be added to the contract if the rule evaluates to true:
- In the Result column, select Broker.
- Right-click the row and then click Edit Broker Details.
Complete the form and then click OK.
- Value: The Broker and Percentage appear. For example: MAYER @ 1.25%
- To add or view Rules:
- To add a Rule, right-click a Rule in the list of Rules in the navigation tree at the right, and then click Insert.
- To add a Rule to the end of the current list of Rules, either click to create a blank rule or click to create a copy of the current Rule.
- To view a different Rule, click (previous) or (next) or click it in the tree.
- Rules will be read in sequence. To change the sequence, right-click a Rule in the tree and then click Move Up or Move Down.
- To add an Otherwise row, to be read and displayed at the end of the list of rules, add a rule with Results but no Conditions.
Adding Default Brokers to a Contract
To add default brokers a to a contract:
If a Cargo Broker Rule evaluates to true, its results appear on the Broker grid and are editable.
Setting Default Internal Brokers
When sharing commissions with internal brokers is enabled, to set default internal brokers, follow the above process with the following changes.
On the Broker Details form:
- An Internal Counterparty field appears, in which you can select a Secondary Broker.
- In the Broker or Internal Counterparty field, if you select <CoordinatorCompany>, the contract Coordinator's internal brokerage company will appear as the default broker.
In the Type field on the Broker Rule form, depending on the Broker Details you enter, one of the following values appears:
- Primary: Only a Broker is selected.
- Secondary: A Broker and Internal Counterparty are selected.